The EdFOCUS Team takes great pride in the total customization of its services and products. Our commitment is to discover and accommodate the precise circumstances and needs of each client, and to provide the specific on-site support required throughout the relationship. From the initial interview through the last handshake, our goal is to “work ourselves out of a job,” by empowering schools and districts to take control.
We measure our success by how well we help each client develop the capacity to sustain and continually enrich their accomplishments. Although clients begin their selection of services from the following menu, its all about customizing and adjusting to make the best fit!
EdFOCUS Initiative offers the following services:
- Assisting staff to move toward the new Common Core Math and ELA standards and Ohio's new Science and Social Studies Standards
- Translating curriculum content standards into "best practices" classroom delivery and assessment
- Developing common standards-based formative and summative assessments
- Training staff in the effective use of data to plan identify student needs, plan instruction, and provide interventions
- Training in the use of Best Practices with full implementation in teacher-created units
- Building teacher leadership capacity
- Instituting Professional Learning Communities that feature Teacher-to-Teacher Collaborative Observation
- Incorporating 21st Century Skills into teacher units to create College and Career-Readiness
- Developing strategies to monitor Race-to-the-Top implementation
- Creating teacher evaluation tools based on Ohio's new teacher proficiency standards
- Developing tools and processes to evaluate Administrators based on Ohio's new administrator performance standards